FIELDVUE INSTRUMENTS - ValveLink Diagnostics
This 2-1/2 day course uses classroom lectures and hands on workshops to teach the student to interpret and analyze diagnostic data obtained using FIELDVUE Digital Valve Controllers and ValveLink software. Students will perform diagnostic tests on a variety of valve/actuator combinations and use the data to determine bench set, dynamic error band, seat load, spring rate and other pertinent parameters.
Students will also perform comparison tests on valves/actuators containing assembly or operating flaws and use the data for troubleshooting purposes.
Students who complete this course will:
• use/understand diagnostic terminology
• interpret ValveLink diagnostic traces and determine bench set, packing friction, seat load, spring rate, dynamic error band and a number of other common valve parameters
• use diagnostic traces to troubleshoot problems in valve/actuator assemblies
• use on-line Performance Diagnostics to troubleshoot/analize friction & dead-band
• Pneumatic Control Valve Terminology
• Features of the Digital Valve Controller and ValveLink Software
• ValveLink Diagnostic Tests
• Data Interpretation
• Troubleshooting Techniques
• Comparison Testing Techniques
• Performance Diagnostics